The SMART technique has transformed car repair. It allows us to fix just the damaged area without replacing the entire panel or bumper.
Minor dents, scratches and scuffs are now quick, easy and cheap to repair. We can restore the car’s bodywork back to a factory finish in just a few hours.
SMART stands for Small to Medium Area Repair Technology. It’s a technique for repairing small areas of car bodywork damage. SMART repair uses specialist tools, materials and paints to blend the repair with the surrounding panel. It’s much quicker and cheaper than traditional car repair.
Do all repairers use the SMART method?
No, many do not but here at ls spraytec solutions we use the latest methods and technology's in smart repair techniques.
What damage can be repaired?
SMART repair is suitable for:
• Paintwork scratches
• Bumper scuffs
• Colour coding
• Paintwork defects
How long does it take?
A standard bumper scuff repair will take as little as three hours and will always be finished before the end of the day.
How exactly does SMART repair work?
Here are the steps for repairing scratches and scuffs:
1. Clean and decontaminate the area to remove dirt and waxes that may interfere with the repair
2. Carefully mask off any adjacent panels and details like lights, badges and moulding to protect them
3. Sand down the damaged area to reveal paint and primer layers – we rebuild the colour layer by layer for a high quality finish
4. Prime with a high build colour matched primer and cure with an infrared lamp
5. Apply the paint in thin layers with a spray gun, heating it to dry between each application
6. Cure the entire area with an infrared lamp
7. Allow to cool, then remove any defects with a very fine abrasive abranet disc
8. Polish the panel to a factory finish
Will the damage still be visible?
No, you shouldn’t be able to see the damage once the car has been repaired. We aim to get your car looking as back to a factory finish.
Where will the repair be carried out?
Our repair specialists are mobile and will come to you at home or place of work. It’s a convenient way to get your car repaired and will be a same day service so no loss of your car. The cost of a bodywork repair depends on a lot of factors. We take into account the size, depth and location of the damage, as well as the car’s paint finish.